November has all been about change, and a lot of it. Here’s what I’ve been up to:
Five things I’ve done this month:
- Moved across the world to Chile.
- Got serious with wedding planning. We did all our planning via email so we had all the major things done: Catering, photographers, DJ etc. This month has been about the smaller, decorative details and also lots of DIY decoration, which have been fun.
- Planned exciting things for my wedding guests, who are arriving this month.
- Spoken a lot of Spanish!
- Got a job (yay!) I’m a primary school teacher, and so I got a job here in Chile teaching in a British/Chilean school. The new academic year starts in February here, so I’ll be working from then.
Five things I’ve seen this month:
- The sun, every single day! Yay for the southern hemisphere in November!
- The mountains, and I can never get enough of them.
- A very hot Father Christmas, dressed for winter, but sweating in the summer.
- Chile’s first H&M (yay!)
- My first Spanish film without subtitles.
Five things I’ve eaten this month:
- Seasonal fruit and vegetables. In the UK we are used to having lots of our produce imported, meaning that anything we want is available all year around. In Chile, you get used to learning what is in season, which makes things really varied.
- Cakes! There have been three birthdays amongst Carlos’ family, which has meant three cakes!
- Pizza with a qunioa base. Carlos and I have been talking about doing this for a while, and we finally did! It was really easy and delicious.
- Bread, bread and more bread. Bread is such a staple in Chile, and a day isn’t a day without it!
Five things I’m looking forward to in December:
- My family and best friends arriving in Chile for our wedding.
- Airport welcomes.
- Spending two days in Viña del Mar and Valparaiso (my favourite city).
- Celebrating Christmas with my family, Carlos’ family and our friends from around the world.
- …Getting married!
How has your November been & what are you looking forward to next month?
Have a great weekend!
You’ve had an exciting month and even more great things are down the road for you!:) Looking forward to reading about your new adventures:)
Thank you! Looking forward to everything that is to come 🙂 Hope you have a great end to November!
Lovely pictures and best of luck with all your preparations for your wedding (:
Thanks so much Madeeha! 🙂 Hope you have a great weekend!
Wow these pictures look incredibly great!! With love, Carmen
Thanks so much Carmen! Have a great weekend!
Thank you, you too!
Having access to fresh produce is the best! I’m so used to it here in Greece, so I had a difficulty in finding decent oranges (for example) when I was studying in the UK! December sounds very exciting! Looking forward to see more photos of Chile as well as wedding details!
It definitely makes it interesting, and I’m always impressed that people know which month is best for which particular fruit or vegetable! I bet Greece has lovely fresh produce 🙂 Thanks, Anna. They’ll be lots more updates coming!
Getting started in a new country is so exiting… Que disfrutes de Chile y de tu boda!!
Muchas gracias Eduardo!! Saludos 🙂
Wow what a month! and the next looks to be even bigger. Enjoy your special day.
Thank you, Sally! So many big things are happening 🙂
Such an exciting time!! Congrats on your new job, by the way and good luck with the rest of your wedding preparation 🙂
Thanks so much Cynthia!! 🙂 It’s going to be a great end to 2015!
Everything going on is so exciting!!! Official welcome to Chile!! You have so much to look forward to and congrats on the new job! Can’t wait to read more about what’s coming up!
Thanks so much Lauren! A very special Chilean summer for us 🙂
Beautiful photos!! Congratulations on your job! That’s wonderful! Can’t wait to read more about what’s coming up for you in Chile (how incredibly exciting!!) xx
Thanks a much Carly! Hope you’ve had a good weekend 🙂
What an exciting time! Seasonal food is just the best – I miss knowing what will be best now that I’m here. In NZ we could get most things, but you know what is in season by what’s pricy and what’s not! 😛 All the best for the rest of the wedding prep and the festivities!
That’s so true, pricing is such a great guide for buying fruit and veg! Thanks so much, Jessi 🙂
Congratulations on your exciting move and engagement! Too bad you can’t be your own wedding photographer but I’m still looking forward to the pictures 😉
Thank you!! Hehe, we are over the moon with our wedding photographers, so I’m so excited for them to work their magic!
Ah you got the job!!! yay!!!! So happy for you! And gosh have the greatest time celebrating your wedding – I’m sure it’ll be a great one 🙂
Thank youu!!! So many things to come this coming month! 🙂
I never knew you’re a primary school teacher! Congrats on the new job! November sounded like such an exciting month, but even more exciting things are happening in December! I absolutely can’t wait to see wedding pics!!
That’s true that I probably have never mentioned on the blog before, this’ll be my fourth year of teaching! Thank you – We are ready and rating to go for all the exciting things this month! 🙂